Equipping the blast furnace cast house with a modern hydraulic complex for taphole servicing ensured:
- 1.5 times reduction in the opening time of a taphole,
- 50% reduction in taphole closing time The use of up-to-date control systems (APCS)
The use of up-to-date control systems (APCS) has increased the operational reliability of the complex’s systems, increased the safety of opening and closing of taphole, reduced the complexity of maintenance and repair of equipment.
The advantages of the complex:
- the ability to control the pressing pressure ensures the operational reliability of the machine;
- reduction of losses of pig iron with slag to the level of 0.2-0.3% compared to 3% according to old technology;
- reduction in the complexity of operations for the production of cast iron;
- labor safety improvement.